More Sites

Armchair Traveller

Rated: |

Boeing unveils luxury Aeroloft with sleeping quarters for eight people

For the 99.9 percent of us who will never be able to afford anything better than knee-crushing economy seats, here's a glimpse at how the other 0.1 percent will soon be jetting around the globe.

Boeing has unveiled its new Aeroloft design for 747 and 748 Business Jets, featuring private sleeping quarters for up to eight people.

The hotel-style cabin includes a lounge area with a snazzy staircase leading to eight private sleeping suites and a wardrobe and changing room.

Each berth measures 198cm x 97cm — not exactly king size, but roomier than most air travellers could ever wish for.

Last week the first Aeroloft-fitted plane flew from Boeing headquarters in Kansas, USA, to Lufthansa's base in Hamburg, Germany, where extra luxury features will be added. Two more models are expected to hit the skies later this year.

Nine heads of state have already placed their orders for the luxury set up, which can easily accommodate a jet-setting world leader and his or her entourage.

No word yet on which cashed-up rappers are keen.


Private berths measure 198cm x 97cm.
Images: Boeing


A spiral staircase leads from the lounge area to the sleeping quarters.
Images: Boeing

In pics: Coolest airline beds

User comments
this is so cool! omg can i buy one of these planes!???
How awesome would it be to do a longhaul flight in surrounds like this? To really stretch out and relax with a drink in hand and entertainment at the push of a button, then to retire to one of the most luxurious suites flying the skies. Bring it on baby.....
Well guess this makes things easier to get into the Mile High Club, also much more comfortable, then the bathroom quarters.....

Write a comment
Email: *
Your email will not be shared with any third parties or published with your comment.
Nickname: *
Location: *

Title:
*
Comment:
*
Maximum characters 1000

Comment guidelines > View full guidelines
Avoid using:
  • Personal attacks
  • Irrelevant comments
  • HTML tags
  • Personal information
  • Offensive language
  • Text in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
comment guidelines X
Thank you for sharing your opinions with other users of NineMSN. People will find your comments more helpful if you include relevant information and avoid some common pitfalls.
Please note: All reviews and comments submitted are subject to moderation, NineMSN reserves the right to alter and / or remove any content that does not comply with usage guidelines.
What to include in your comment:
  • A title that briefly summarizes the opinion expressed in the comment.
  • Additional comments adding more detail.
  • Comparisons to other similar products, if this is relevant.
  • To create a new paragraph, press the Enter key twice.
What not to include:
  • Information that will quickly go out of date.
  • Comments on other comments or commenters.
  • Language that other users may find offensive.
  • comments of one sentence or less. Provide information to support your opinion.
  • Personal information like your email address or telephone number.
  • HTML coding. Tags like <b> or <i> will not be recognized.

advertisement
WORST THINGS ABOUT FLYING
From screaming babies to loud drunks — these are the most annoying things about flying.